1. Program Description
The High Level Industrial Professionals Cultivation Program (also known as the "Industrial Postdoctoral Program") provides doctorate holders with training conducted mainly by academic/research institutions in Taiwan that serve as training institutions. It offers at most a year-long on-the-job training and an internship of at least 6 months or longer to help doctorate holders build up practical experience and core professional skills in the hopes of connecting doctorate holders to careers in the industry.
2. Training Period
From February 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- Nationals of the Republic of China with a doctoral degree
Applicants must have obtained a doctoral degree from universities or independent institutes, whether public or private, domestic or overseas, recognized by the Ministry of Education, with an area of specialization relevant to key industries in the program.
- Foreign nationals with a Taiwanese doctorate
Applicants must have obtained a doctoral degree from a Taiwanese university or independent college, whether public or private, recognized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China and have a field of study relevant to the industry that applicants wish to engage in.
- Military service: The admitted Nationals of the Republic of China with a doctoral degree has not yet fulfilled the obligation of military service must hold a copy of the solicitation order for military service and apply to the program office for a certificate of participation. Please apply for an extension of the collection at your township office where the household registration belongs for a maximum of 1 year.
- Participation limit: Each doctorate holder can only enroll in the program once.
4. Application Method
- For doctorate holders who would like to apply for this program, please go to the program website (www.phdojt.org.tw) during the selection period to apply for the Program Registration Form (please see the attachment for the form and its format). The project office will then send one hardcopy Program Registration Form to each applicant. (Those who have already received training remuneration of this program are not eligible to enroll in the program.)
- Doctorate holders can find job vacancies and contact officers of the training institutions listed on the program website and personally approach their preferred training institution. The first phase of selection is an online matchmaking session and the second phase is an in-person interview. A doctorate holder who is accepted by a training institution has to complete the selection and acceptance procedure by submitting the Program Registration Form to the training institution.
- The project office will announce the list of accepted doctoral talent on the program website.
- After being accepted, applicants must wait for further notice by the training institution and head to its premises to report for duty.
- This program will subsidize training remuneration and relevant costs of doctoral talent training by training institutions during the training period. The nature of training remuneration shall be equivalent to that of a postdoctoral fellowship program. Therefore, each accepted applicant shall receive NT$60,000 each month regardless of seniority. According to the rules of the program, accepted doctoral candidates shall receive the training remuneration after completing their dissertation. Accepted applicants who have previously been employed by a company have to complete the relevant resignation procedure before receiving training remuneration.
- Accepted applicants must participate in relevant important events, such as opening/closing ceremonies organized by the project office, and common training courses. The time, locations, and contents of these events will be further announced on the program website. Moreover, trainees must complete relevant documents (such as training satisfaction surveys and post-completion employment statistics surveys) requested by the project office.
- During the training period, trainees shall be regarded as employees of the training institution. Therefore, trainees must comply with relevant managerial regulations and follow the training program devised by the training institution. Where otherwise stipulated by the training institution, the regulations stipulated by the training institution shall prevail. The training institution shall have the right to stop providing training to those who have committed serious violations.
- During the training period, trainees who are not able to continue participating in the training due to certain reasons may submit an application to the training institution. Training can only be terminated when the training institution grants approval.
- Trainees may apply to the training institution to terminate training due to personal reasons (health issues or an alternative job offer), with relevant proofs (e.g., diagnostic reports and labor insurance documents) provided. In this case, trainees will not be asked to return the claimed training remuneration, except under conditions stipulated below.
- Doctoral talent who meets the following conditions shall withdraw from the training and return the claimed training remuneration:
- Filing false personal information on the program registration form and curriculum vitae.
- During the application phase, the spouse, a blood relative within second degree of kinship, or a relative by marriage within second degree of kinship of the applicant is the responsible person, director, supervisor, general manager, or managerial officer with an equivalent position; or someone with the power to determine the selection results of the training institution or partner company.
- The applicant (except for postdoctoral research fellows working in academic institutions) has already been employed by a partner company but resigns from such and is then re-accepted as trainee of the program.
- If the conditions mentioned above are met, training institutions shall apply to the project office to terminate the training.
6. Contact Information of the Project Office
- Tel: 0800-035-199
- Program website: www.phdojt.org.tw